So, here I sit, all alone... for the first time in 8 weeks and 1 day I am without baby. Brett came home from work tonight and announced that he was going over to his mom and dad's and would like to take Caleb with him. He thinks I may need an hour or so of "mommy time" which I believe may just be his way of telling me nicely that I look like warmed over hell! I shower, sleep, eat, shop and do laundry with Caleb right by my side. What am I to do with my "mommy time"? Blog I guess.. I'm not honestly sure what to do right now. I think its wonderfull that Brett's taken Caleb and they're going to have some guy time and see grandma and grandpa but I can't lie, I'm a nervous wreck! I've read that at this point they don't really comprehend the idea that something or someone exists when they can't see it or them. This idea suited me just fine up until about 15 minutes ago! In all honesty I'm afraid had Brett given me anymore notice than he did I would've lost it entirely. He likely kn
ew
this. In Caleb's short 8 weeks and 1 day of life he has never been without me for more than about 20 minutes at a time. I know he's in good hands with his dad (or at least his grandma) but I can't help but worry. I packed their diaper bag, made sure that Caleb was dressed warmly enough, kissed him goodbye 200 times and sent them on their way with strict orders to be gone no more than an hour. I suppose I should go do something about my ratty hair and clean the kitchen.. and try not to have a panick attack:) This day was coming eventually right?
No comments:
Post a Comment