The last 2 weeks have been almost like a dream around here. Ever since the change in Caleb's formula and increase in his medication it seems like a dark cloud has been lifted and we're starting to see the sun again. We rarely have hysterical crying for no apparent reason and he's starting to nap a little better. I've even gotten him into his swing a few times this week for a snooze. Prior to this week, anytime I would even act like I was going to set him down in the swing he would scream until he was purple so we're making progress! I think that he's so used to feeling awful that he just doesn't know what to do with himself when he doesn't. Hence our napping problem. Its entirely possible that he's just a cat napper by nature however I find that hard to believe given that he sleeps so well at night. I don't think we'll truely know until he's been feeling well for more than a few days or hours at a time. We're extreemly hopefull that we've found a system that's going to work f
or him.
We're still struggling, unfortunatly, with trying to make people understand that, although it seems that he's getting better, we're still not out of the woods. We're also not real willing to rock the boat right now. As silly as it may seem, we're afraid that one false move and we'll be right back at square one. We're not ready to risk it just yet. I'm also no more ready now than I've ever been to leave him with someone. I think Brett put it best when he said that people are treating its as though Caleb is 12 and we're not allowing him out of the house without us. He's not even 3 months old yet. Most days he wants Mama and only Mama and I don't see a thing wrong with that. There will come a day, sooner than I'd prefer to think about, that he's not going to want a thing to do with me. Until that day comes, I will be right here whenever he needs or wants me. Furthermore, I kind of like the little guy and I prefer to spend all of my time with him! I don't want to miss one smile,
giggle,
coo or tear. I will know when I'm ready but that's not going to be anytime soon.
Typically Sunday mornings are my morning to sleep in but tomorrow is the last Wright golf outting of the year so I'm on duty. I had better get to bed, my little charge doesn't take no for an answer when he's ready to get up!
OH MY GOODNESS! I'm so glad that he's feeling better and by extension that you're feeling better. I can't imagine how terrible it's been for everyone.
ReplyDeleteDon't do anything you're not comfortable with EVER. If you're afraid of ending up back at square one then there's nothing wrong with keepin' on keepin' on! Status quo is perfect. That poor little booger is lucky to have you and Brett around to comfort him.
Much love, babe.