I haven't forgotten about you, life has just been out of control busy recently. I think about posting to my blog almost daily but by the time the house is quiet and I've got a free minute all I want to do is go to bed!
We've been busy with family, friends, Halloween and preparing for the holidays. Until Brett's cousins and aunts started emailing me for Caleb's Christmas list last week I hadn't even noticed that the holidays were nearing! My head is still stuck in July!
Caleb is growing so fast its unbeleivable! We had his 4 month checkup last Monday and he is solidly in the 80th percentile for his growth in all areas. The doctor still estimates that he's about 3 months ahead developmentally and that he'll crawl before Christmas. I found myself light headed when she told me that! Before Christmas?! He's started to leap out of my arms to grab things and scootches anytime I set him down anywhere so its really only a matter of time until he gets it! Its amazing to watch him discover something and then figure it out. He's such a smart little stinker!
I wish I could report that Caleb is feeling better but we're really no better off than we've ever been. We've got an appointment with a pediatric GI specialist at Childrens Hospital on December 2nd and we hope that he'll be able to help us. We've switched medications 3 times now but nothing seems to work very well or for very long and its just torture for all of us. This poor little boy has been miserable for almost all 4 months and this has just got to stop. I worry that if we don't get this under control soon that its going to start interfering with his development. The poor little guy doesn't get to go anywhere or do anything because he's always so tired and cranky and that's just no way to live. Please pray that this specailist will be able to help us.
In the rare moments when Caleb is happy and not in pain he is SO much fun! He's started giggling and trying to talk and I swear that that little giggle is wired directly to my tear ducts! Everytime he gets tickled about something and starts laughing I start bawling! He just looks at me like "geesh mom, get it together would ya?!". He particularly thinks his daddy and gammy are funny. Its fun to watch him and Brett play and talk in the evenings when they don't think I'm looking. Caleb loves to talk on the phone and talks to his Gammy (my mom) almost daily. He actually gets angry if I'm on the phone and don't include him in the conversation! He'll take the phone from me if he can reach it! Brett's mom has started to come over on Wednesday's to spend the evening with us and Caleb has come to expect and love her visits. He is a Grandma baby! He loves his Grandma's and can't get enough of any of them! Its a good thing that he's got 7 of them and that they're all as crazy about him
as he
is about them!
Its crazy to think that in just 6 weeks it will be a whole new year. This year has been so busy that it seems like its gone by in the blink of an eye and I'm kind of sad to see it go. This has been the most wonderful year of my life so far and I'm not sure that anything will ever be able to top it. Brett is considering making a big career change after the first of the year and that will bring a lot of changes to our lives. He'll be home a lot less than we're used to but this is what he's always wanted to do so we're going to make it work. As soon as we can get Caleb a little more stabilized l would like to maybe find a part-time job. I miss working and think that getting out of the house for a few hours a week would probably do me some good. Its going to be very hard to leave my angel though so I'm not in any great hurry. In fact, we've yet to leave him at all so I suppose I'll need to master dinner out before I can commit to a job.
That's about all the updates I have for now. We hope that you all have a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for this year and hope that you all do too!
Xoxo,
Brett, Sam and Caleb
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

No comments:
Post a Comment