Tomorrow, at 2:10am, our precious baby boy will be one month old. I for one can't believe its already been a whole month. The days fly by around here in a flurry of feedings, diaper changes, laundry and dishes and time seems to be getting away from me. I'm trying desperatly to slow down and enjoy every minute I have with him but I'm not sure that when they're this little its possible. There's just so much to do and I often find that I have to remind myself that the wash will wait and life will go on if the bathroom doesn't get cleaned until tomorrow. This is the part of my personality ( and Brett's too if we're being honest) that I have to watch closely. Being an overachiever has served me very well for most of my life but it seems to be working against me more often than not these days. A sleep deprived mama with clean bathrooms is not a happy and fun mama and that's more important right now.
These first precious moments in my sons life are the reason that his daddy and I have worked so hard to make sure I can stay home full time. I can't imagine a greater blessing than being able to witness all of his firsts and see him learn and grow everyday. As many of you know, because of the complications we had during labor and delivery, Caleb will very likely be our one and only. Being able to stay home full time and experience this with him is the greatest gift Brett has ever given me or will ever give to Caleb. Caleb and I are lucky to have such a wonderful husband and daddy!
We will try to do a better job of posting pictures. I take pictures all day everyday so there are plenty to share! We just need a free moment to upload and post them! We just can't get enough of him!
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

I love his little face. You're doing such a great job. Love you.
ReplyDelete