Friday, July 30, 2010

He's hungry again?

All this kid does is eat.. and eat.. and eat! If there's anything that he knows how to do and do well its eat. And poop. He does a shocking amount of that as well. I'm beginning to worry that he's either got a tape worm or a hollow appendage. To see him when he's hungry, which is about every 40-90 minutes, you'd think we're starving him. Clearly this isn't the case. We have the formula bill to prove it! Speaking of which, if he continues at this rate I'm afraid Brett's going to need a second job or we're going to need to take out a loan! He's such a big boy and growing so quickly that formula alone doesn't seem to be keeping him satisfied for long.

On my mom and grandma's advice I gave Caleb a little rice cereal tonight. He had about a tablespoon. I don't believe in putting it in a bottle for many reasons so I fed it to him by spoon. He not only ate it all but did so like a barracuda and ate off of his spoon like he was an old pro! I was all prepared for him to make faces and then spit it out at me right away but he surprised us. I can't lie, he did make a few faces and had to play with it for a minute before he got the hang of it but once that was all over he went to town!

I'm fully aware of both sides of the cereal argument, particularly as it pertains to giving it to infants. I would like to clarify that I didn't do it in hopes that it would make him sleep longer at night. I also don't agree with that reasoning. He only wakes up twice in the night and is only awake long enough to eat, burp and have his pants changed so there wouldn't be any reason for me to try to trick him into sleeping better. We consider ourselves fortunate that he already sleeps so well. Even with this nasty cold that he's had he's still slept for at least 2 hours at a time. It seems that he's his mothers child!

The problem now is that, after he had his cereal, he of course passed out cold for about an hour and then was awake and wanting a 4 ounce bottle. He took another 45 minute nap and then had another 2 ounces. He's been up roughly every hour or so since and had at least 2 ounces each time so we're really right back where we started. If anyone has any better ideas, I'm absolutely open for suggestions! It just doesn't seem to me that he's satisfied after his feedings although he is giving me my requisite of wet diapers. What's a mama to do?

P.S. We took a bunch of really cute pictures of him eating his cereal. I will post them soon!


--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

No comments:

Post a Comment